To see even more opportunities, download our list of Volunteer Job Descriptions.
We would love to hear from you! Please complete our Volunteer Application, save your changes, and return it to email@example.com or complete the following Volunteer Sign-Up Form and we will contact you.
You can also fill out the form below to get started and we will contact you.
The Friends Group was formed in 2009 and works to provide support and assistance to the participants and staff of Project Self Sufficiency. Members meet monthly on the second Tuesday of each month from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m. in south Fort Collins. The group contributes by:
- Assisting staff at events and fundraisers.
- Making sure Participants are remembered on holidays and their birthdays.
- Contacting community businesses for donations to fill Mother's Day and Father's Day gift bags.
- Offering an annual morning of fun and miniature golf for families and their children. Seeking community sponsorships to underwrite event and donations to fill participant goodie bags. Added donations support Cool Kids Fund.
- Conducting a flower sale each fall to benefit the Participant Scholarship Fund.
Donated vehicles directly benefit the single parents enrolled in the program. Project Self-Sufficiency seeks individuals interested in helping the organization secure donated cars from individuals and car dealerships. Skilled, licensed mechanics and local area garages are needed to assist in helping Project Self-Sufficiency Participants with basic car repairs and maintenance. Back to top
Each year businesses and individuals throughout the community sponsor our participants’ families for the holidays by purchasing gifts or gift cards for the families. Volunteers can help Project Self-Sufficiency staff receive gifts from donors, phone participants and distribute gifts to participants during designated pick-up times. Volunteer hours are needed in late November and early December.
During the holiday season, Project Self-Sufficiency also hosts a celebration for participants and their families. This event includes a visit from Santa Claus, gifts for the parents and much more. Volunteers are needed to help organize and manage the event set-up, and other appropriate tasks. Time commitments average three to four hours in mid December. Back to top
Project Self-Sufficiency Tutors help participants each semester with college coursework. Our highest need is for math tutors; however, tutors with expertise in science (e.g. Chemistry, Biology) or liberal arts and business are occasionally needed. Qualifications:
- Competence in subject level being tutored.
- Experience in tutoring or teaching desired.
- Understanding of significant blocks to learning, anxiety and test-taking anxiety.
- Willingness and patience to work with Participant at their level.
Tutors meet with participants once a week and explain concepts, review homework, and prepare for upcoming topics. Back to top
Career Connection Committee